With a construction budget of $13.8 million, MVEC line crews will be busy increasing reliability and power quality throughout the co-op’s service area, as well as conducting general maintenance for MVEC’s 42,500+ members.
Here are some of the larger projects:
- Relocate 1.5 miles of line to accommodate a frontage road and overpass project at Highway 169 and County Road 41.
- Finish 4.3 miles of underground work due to road reconstruction along Flying Cloud Drive in Carver and Hennepin counties.
- Relocate 8 miles of overhead power line due to road widening project along Highway 112 from Le Center to Le Sueur.
- Upgrade capacity at the Waconia Substation
- Upgrade capacity at the Cleveland Substation
- Relocate 3 miles of power line for a road project on Lyman Boulevard in Chanhassen.
- Upgrade 2 miles of overhead power line south of Arlington for increased load in the area.
- New construction for housing development and commercial load near Carver.