MVEC cares about its members. We are here to listen and have developed options to help with your household’s energy needs during challenging times.
- Gift of Electricity – We now offer the opportunity for you to purchase kilowatt hours to help someone you know pay their electric bill.
- Extension of Cold Weather Rule – Minnesota’s law regarding power disconnection has been extended to July 1, 2020.
- Payment Arrangements – This online form begins the process to design a individually-tailored installment plan to bring your account up to date.
- Billing & Payment Information – Our payment and billing options are convenient and FREE. Pick and choose what works best for you.
- Potential Financial Resources – The United Way and various state and county organizations are sources of energy and financial advice.
- MVEC’s Pandemic Response – As the pandemic situation continues to evolve, the co-op is taking extra precautions to protect the health and well-being of its employees, members and general public.
- Energy Wise – MVEC’s traditional programs for heating, cooling and electric water heating help members save 10-50% on their electric bills. And managing the system load during high traffic times helps the entire co-op save money on wholesale power costs.
- Energy Use Troubleshooting – We’ve put together a list of possible reasons your monthly electric bill may seem higher than usual. Discover the little things that can make a difference.