Stay safe during harvest by being aware of overhead power lines on your property or along the road. Planning a safe equipment route can help reduce accidents.
If a power line is sagging or low, contact our Dispatch Center at 952.492.8255 or 800.232.2328.
If your equipment does make contact with a power line, do not leave the cab. Immediately call 911, warn others to stay away and wait for the utility crew to cut the power.
Keep the following electrical safety guidelines in mind:
- Use a spotter when operating large machinery near power lines.
- Keep equipment at least 10 feet from power lines—at all times, in all directions.
- Look up and use care when moving any equipment such as extending augers or raising the bed of grain trucks around power lines.
- Inspect the height of farm equipment to determine clearance.
- Always set extensions to the lowest setting when moving loads to prevent contact with overhead power lines. Grain augers should always be positioned horizontally before being moved.
- Never attempt to move a power line out of the way or raise it for clearance.
Farmers are an important part of our membership and Minnesota’s economy. Your cooperative cares about your well being and wants you and your loved ones to be safe.