Pay for your electricity as you use it
You’re in control!
Just like putting gasoline in your car, with this prepayment program, you’re in total control of your energy usage and costs. Add money into your account daily, weekly or as your budget allows. You get to decide. View video
PayGo – what’s
| Traditional Bill
|How much are my electric rates?||Same||Same|
|Is a deposit required?||Yes||No|
|Are any late fees charged?||Yes||No|
|Are there any reconnect fees?||Yes||No|
Monitoring your account is easy:
- PHONE: Call (952) 492-8333 or (866) 492-8333 with our automated Touch-N-Go phone system.
- APP: Add the SmartHub app on your mobile device or tablet.
- IN-HOME DISPLAY: This gadget gets plugged into an outlet in your home and displays your account balance. It will beep, and a light illuminates if you fall below a $15 low-balance threshold. (Display updates daily between 2-2:30 p.m.)
- EMAIL & COURTESY CALL NOTIFICATIONS: If your account goes below the $15 threshold, you can receive an email or automated phone call (phone calls will not occur on weekends or holidays). If your phone number changes, it’s your responsibility to notify MVEC.
How do I sign up?
- Complete the online application
- MVEC will review your application to set up your PayGo account and determine your refund deposit, if applicable.
- (Please note: New members moving into or living in the former Alliant Energy service area (Montgomery, Le Center) cannot participate in the PayGo program because the metering infrastructure is currently not in place.)