Get cash back for investing in energy efficient appliances and products.
Energy Star Appliances
Rebate: $25 each
Energy Star Appliance Rebate Application
- Clothes washers
Energy Star Air Source Heat Pump (SEER 13 or higher)
Rebate request is needed within 6 months of installation to qualify. Your QI-certified contractor is required to submit the residential Air Source Heat Pump Quality Installation rebate form. Contractors may call 1.888.655.4822 ext. 1119 for this form.
Energy Star Ground Source Heat Pump
Rebate: $200/ton (5 ton limit)
Residential Ground Source Heat Pump Rebate Application
Installation must be completed within 90 days from the date of purchase to qualify for rebate.
ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor)
Rebate – $50
ECM Rebate Application
Submit a copy of your original sales receipt and an MVEC rebate form within 90 days of purchase.
Electric Resistance Heating Products
Electric Resistance Heating Rebate Application
Installation must be completed within 6 months from date of purchase to qualify for rebate. Qualifying products include:
- Baseboard heaters
- Cove heaters
- Garage heaters
- In-floor boilers
- Plenum heaters
- Electric thermal storage units
- Forced air
Electric Mini Split Rebate
Mini Split Rebate Application
Installation must be completed within 6 months from date of purchase to qualify for rebate. A copy of the Energy Star yellow card or the original tag is required, along with a copy of the original dated sales receipt.
Central Air or Heat Pump Tune-Up Rebate
Air Conditioner/Heat Pump Tune Up Rebate Application
Available for units three years or older that have not had a tune up within the last two years. Must be completed by a licensed service technician.
WiFi Thermostat Installation
$65 WiFi Thermostat Installation Rebate Application
In exchange for participation in the WiFi Thermostat program, MVEC will pay $65 toward the installation cost of the thermostat.
Rebate Qualifications & Details
- Rebates are available when you sign up for a residential Energy Wise program (excludes appliance rebates).
- Contractors installing an Air Source Heat Pump are required to be QI (Quality Installation) certified and must complete a QI rebate form to receive a rebate.
- Rebate grace periods vary. See above for specific rebate timelines.
- Heat pumps must be central systems to operate on Energy Wise programs and qualify for an MVEC rebate. Mini splits do not qualify as a central system.
- Whole house heating, including heat pumps, plenum heaters and other whole house heating options, require members to have an adequate and automatic back-up heat source to qualify for a rebate and the Energy Wise program.
- Rebates will be paid out after the product (excluding appliances) has been installed to an Energy Wise program. Members are required to stay on the Energy Wise program for a minimum of one year.
- MVEC reserves the right to issue rebates as a credit on the electric bill if the members account is in a “past due status.” The member will not have the option of receiving a rebate check.
- Rebates are offered for a limited time and are subject to change without notice. They are honored on a first come, first served basis.
- Mail MVEC rebate form and all necessary paperwork to:
MVEC, c/o Rebate paperwork
125 Minnesota Valley Electric Drive
Jordan, MN 55352
* Please note: Once you are ready for your Energy Wise meter, please call 952.492.2313 to schedule the installation. Energy Wise discounts are not applied until that process is complete.