- NO service fees to participate.
- There’s never a late payment! It is automatically deducted from your bank account each month – your payment due date remains the same.
- Go green by choosing the paperless option.
- Enrolling in automatic bill pay does not change your payment due date.
- If switching from Recurring Credit Card to Automatic Bill Pay please note your electric bill statement will reflect the due date that your bank account will be drafted.
- After signing up for automatic bill pay, the payment amount will automatically be drafted from your bank account on the payment date shown. The blue box on your bill will indicate the DRAFT amount and the DRAFT date.
- Payments falling on a weekend and/or holiday will be applied to the next business day.
- Rejected payments will make your account subject to all applicable penalties, fees, and possible disconnections.
- This payment program can be combined with Budget Billing for added convenience. You can view your bill and manage your MVEC account 24/7 through SmartHub.
- Members receiving two or more returned bank items during a 12 month period will be billed a deposit** equal to two times their average monthly bill or $265, whichever is greater.
You can also stop any automatic payment by notifying the cooperative four (4) business days before the due date on your electric bill; however, you are still responsible to pay your bill by other means by that due date.
I can also stop payment of any entry by notifying Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative or canceling through Smarthub or the automated phone system at least four business days before the due date on my electric bill.
If this or any item is dishonored, returned or declined, for any reason, I authorize an additional charge to the account(s) listed above of $33.00 for a Returned Payment Fee.
Once you have signed up for recurring payments, your electric bill will contain a message stating your bank draft or credit/debit card charge date. The amount will be automatically deducted from your bank account or charged to your credit/debit card on the date shown. If this date falls on a weekend or holiday, your bank account or credit/debit card will be charged the following business day.
Please print this authorization page and retain a hard or electronic copy for your records.