With our AC10 savings program, receive a 10% discount on all energy usage billed to your main meter on statements dated June -September each year. In return, members allow MVEC to cycle their air conditioner on and off every 15 minutes only on days when there is a high peak demand on the system.Sign Up for AC10 A/C Tune-Up Rebate Or consider the WiFi Thermostat Program
*Wall and window units do not qualify
- Receive a 10% discount for all energy usage on the main meter from June-September.
- MVEC installs an energy management switch (free of charge) on your home near your central air conditioner.
- During peak electricity usage, the switch cycles (controls) your central air conditioner on and off. The furnace fan continues to circulate cool air in your home.
- By having your air conditioner cycled this helps to control energy demand and saves the cooperative on wholesale power costs.
- Your monthly savings will appear on your electric bill each month under “Energy Wise Savings this Month.”
- Participation in this program automatically carries forward every year.
- To participate you must have a residential service with MVEC. Window or through-the-wall air conditioners (plug in units) are not eligible unless they are hard wired into the home’s electric service panel.
- Members that are renters must have the home owner’s written permission to join.
- Members with small businesses or more than one central air conditioner will receive a $10/month bill credit on statements dated during the months of June – September of every year. You must use a minimum of 200 kWh each month to qualify for the bill credit.
- Members must participate for a minimum of one year.
Air Source Heat Pump
A heat pump doesn’t sound like a likely candidate to cool a home. But with an air source heat pump (ASHP), you get air conditioning, plus a cost-effective supplemental heat source for the spring and fall. When combined with an Energy Wise program, an ASHP can easily deliver $2-$3 worth of cooling or heating for every dollar spent to operate. Enjoy cooling and heating with this economical product. Rebate is filled out by your QI-certified HVAC contractor.
- MN Air Source Heat Pump Collaborative
(This page provides homeowners and contractors with extensive ASHP-related resources and guides)
Mini Split Heat Pump
This ductless alternative to an air conditioner is installed near the ceiling of your room. Qualifies as a central system, and there are rebates for Energy Star models.
Ground Source Heat Pump
A ground source heat pump (GSHP) relies on the relative warmth of the earth for its cooling and heating production. This lets you take advantage of consistent temperatures below the ground, all year-round. A GSHP functions just like other types of heat pumps, using a refrigeration cycle to move heat between the indoors and outdoors. These units can be up to 300% efficient.Ground Source Heat Pump Rebate
For more information, contact an energy specialist
952.492.2313 or 800.282.6832 or email [email protected]