Energy Wise Heating (All): No plan to control anticipated
Generators (All): No plan to control anticipated
Last updated: 2/29/2024. MVEC does its best to update control times Monday through Friday in advance of events; however, control times are subject to change as weather conditions and other variables occur. All times are approximate.
Why load management? This quick video explains why electric cooperatives have load management programs:
- Postpone use of washers, dryers, and dishwashers until after 10 p.m.
- Turn off lights and appliances that are not essential to health and safety.
- Shut down computers and other electrical equipment when not in use.
- Keep your shades open and let the sun in during the day, but close the curtains as the sun goes down since your windows aren’t insulated as well as your walls.
- Use a microwave oven instead of a conventional electric oven or gas stove.
- Lower the thermostat in your home to the lowest temperature you find comfortable.
- Turn the thermostat down when you go to sleep.
- After using the oven, leave the door ajar to warm the kitchen.
- Take shorter showers.