MVEC maintains a 24/7 dispatch center so there is always a live person available to assist you. It is important for all members to report an outage as your phone number helps identify the outage location. (952) 492-8255 or (800) 232-2328
Please do not email or private message us if you are experiencing an outage as it will not be received after hours or on weekends
Ways to report an outage:
- To report an outage call (952) 492-8255 or (800) 232-2328
- When possible, a live voice will answer your call, but MVEC also has an automated telephone response system that activates during high call volume outages. It will prompt you for your area code and telephone number.
- The automated system works best if we have your current phone number on file. When calling, your number is immediately identified by our system and entered into our outage management system.
- Data collected from outage phone calls help us track and predict the extent of the outage.
- The automated system can inform you if a crew has been assigned to your outage, the estimated time of restoration, and the option of receiving a callback after the power has been restored.
Make sure our records show your correct phone number – it will help expedite outage restoration. Just fill out this form:
Update Phone NumbersYour correct phone numbers are important to us when it comes to outage restoration. If you call in an outage, your phone number identifies your location in our system. Please take a moment to update the following information: