Today’s Energy Wise Load Management
Energy Wise Electric Water Heating: no control anticipated
Energy Wise Heating: no control anticipated
Generator Groups: no control anticipated
MVEC does its best to update control times Monday through Friday in advance of events; however control times are subject to change as weather conditions and other variables change. All times are approximate. Last updated 1/18/2018
Receive email notifications
MVEC is in the development stages of gathering email addresses for this notification service. Please note – you will not begin receiving email notifications immediately after completing the sign up form. You will be notified by MVEC once the service is fully operational. Plans are to have this service available by the end of January.
MVEC’s Energy Wise load management variables
- MVEC determines Energy Wise management times according to system-wide usage and wholesale power market energy prices.
- MVEC’s system electric load is impacted by temperature, humidity, time of day
and other conditions.
- MVEC reduces its wholesale power costs by reducing the total amount of energy our members use at any one point during the calendar month.
- The savings come by reducing the demand for new power plants that would need to be built by our power suppliers.
- Energy Wise programs lower our power bills, so we can pass on the savings to our members.
- Here’s how Energy Wise participants contribute to power savings:
View this quick video on why electric cooperatives have load management programs: