Today’s Energy Wise Load Management
Energy Wise Water Heating – no control anticipated Friday or Saturday
Energy Wise Heating – no control anticipated Friday or Saturday
Energy Wise Electric Vehicle – no control anticipated Friday or Saturday
Generator Groups – no control anticipated Friday or Saturday
Control times are subject to change as weather conditions and other variables affect the load change. All times are approximate. Updated 4/28/2017
Energy Wise load management variables
- MVEC determines Energy Wise management times according to system-wide usage and wholesale power market energy prices.
- MVEC’s system electric load is impacted by temperature, humidity, time of day
and other conditions.
- MVEC reduces its wholesale power costs by reducing the total amount of energy our members use at any one point during the calendar month.
- The savings come by reducing the demand for new power plants that would need to be built by our power suppliers.
- Energy Wise programs lower our power bills, so we can pass on the savings to our members.
- Here’s how Energy Wise participants contribute to power savings: