Today’s Energy Wise Load Management
Energy Wise Electric Water Heating: no control anticipated
Energy Wise Heating: no control anticipated
Generator Groups: no control anticipated
MVEC does its best to update control times Monday through Friday in advance of events; however control times are subject to change as weather conditions and other variables change. All times are approximate. Last updated 4/26/2018
Receive email notifications
Please allow up to 5 business days for processing before you will begin receiving notifications. If you no longer wish to receive notifications, please email your unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MVEC’s Energy Wise load management variables
- MVEC determines Energy Wise management times according to system-wide usage and wholesale power market energy prices.
- MVEC’s system electric load is impacted by temperature, humidity, time of day
and other conditions.
- MVEC reduces its wholesale power costs by reducing the total amount of energy our members use at any one point during the calendar month.
- The savings come by reducing the demand for new power plants that would need to be built by our power suppliers.
- Energy Wise programs lower our power bills, so we can pass on the savings to our members.
- Here’s how Energy Wise participants contribute to power savings:
View this quick video on why electric cooperatives have load management programs: