Complete this application if:
- You are a new member moving to an existing home or business within MVEC’s service area, or
- You are an existing MVEC member that is moving to another home or business within MVEC’s service area.
Review this information if you are building a brand new home within MVEC’s service area.Approved Builder Application
MVEC can grant credit terms to builders and developers who have been pre-approved by filling out the Approved Builder application. The application should include your most recent audited Financial Statement and the following:
- Income statement (required)
- Balance sheet (required)
- Cash flow statement
- Audit opinion letter
- FYI – tax returns are NOT accepted
Once all info above is received:
- A bank reference form will be sent to your bank and to the trade references listed on the application.
- Upon return of these items, MVEC will make the determination whether to approve or deny the request, and the applicant will be contacted.
- The approval process can take up to 3 weeks. All decisions for extending credit are at the discretion of MVEC.
- Incomplete application (missing audited Financial Statement or Bank Letter of Credit Worthiness)
- Payment history
- UCC filings
- Negative bank or trade reference
- Deposit History
- Collections Agency
Monthly, MVEC will monitor the credit history of approved builder accounts. If unacceptable credit history, which includes any of the following: late payment, bankruptcy, returned check/bank item(s), collections, cutoff notice, disconnection for non-pay, delinquent notice, meter tampering, deposit on existing MVEC account, uncollectible, or three years of inactivity, you may be removed from the approved builder list.
MVEC will re-evaluate a contractor’s request to be considered for MVEC’s Approved Builders List if all payment activity is prepaid and no other collection incident is evident. This is based on one year of clean history from the latest incident causing removal from Approved Builders List. If a second incident occurs after the one-year suspension, the contractor will be placed on Cash Only status for another (12) twelve-month period.
If you have any questions regarding the Approved Builders Process, please call Member Support 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 952-492-2313.
If you are building a new business facility, contact a Key Account Executive for personalized assistance.Business Service Load Data Sheet
Please fill out this new construction service application if your property does not already have electrical service.Request New Build Residential Account Request New Build Business or Builder Account
Complete this application if you are moving out of MVEC’s service area.Residential Application Business Application