Youth Tour is a once-in-a-lifetime, all-expenses-paid leadership travel opportunity for high school sophomores and juniors in MVEC’s service area.
One student, whose parent or guardian is an MVEC member, will be selected to represent our cooperative in the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour, held each year. This year Youth Tour is June 18-23, 2024. Please apply if you are a sophomore or junior in high school by the deadline Friday, March 15th, 2024.
More than 1,800 students from all across America take part in the Youth Tour experience each year. This unique trip gives young people the opportunity to watch history come alive, explore museums, memorials, and monuments, make friendships that will last a lifetime, and be part of a group that has more than 50,000 alumni from every walk of life, including U.S. Senators and CEOs.
MVEC’s winners travel with approximately 40 Minnesota teens sponsored by other rural electric co-ops and join 1,800 national delegates in D.C. One MVEC alternate will be selected and either receive a $200 cash prize or attend the Youth Tour if the winner is unexpectedly unable.Apply Online
- Brandon Busch of Prior Lake is our 2023 Youth Tour representative with Ava Joos of Chanhassen as the runner-up.
- Savannah Berg of Carver was the 2022 Youth Tour representative. Tyler Sherette of Jordan High School was chosen as runner-up.
- Nicholas Peterson of Chanhassen was selected as MVEC’s 2020 representative. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, NRECA had to cancel the 2020 event. Peterson received a scholarship instead. Elijah Mechtel of Shakopee was the runner-up.
- Natalie Thoms of Savage was MVEC’s 2019 representative with Abby Kunkel of Norwood as the runner-up.
- Sam Meeker of Green Isle was MVEC’s 2018 representative with Anna Holden of New Prague as the runner-up.