Save money on your heating costs, while maintaining a cozy home
Let’s face it, Minnesota winters can be unpredictable. With your heating system enrolled in an Energy Wise home heating program, you can save money and alleviate unpredictable winter heating bills.
How it works:
- This is a voluntary program for electric heating products. Products are switched to a backup heat source during peak electricity usage times. This is for any type of permanently-wired electric heating system that’s a minimum of 5,000 watts (5 kW).
- Members save by paying lower rates and it helps MVEC reduce its wholesale electric bill. By avoiding peak use periods, MVEC does not have to pay premium prices when purchasing power from its wholesale power providers, who in turn, lower the need to build new coal plants. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- Wiring and installation costs vary and are the member’s responsibility. Installation is available through MVEC’s network of local contractors. A wiring affidavit is required before MVEC can install the Energy Wise meter. Rebates available.
Warm up your feet! This product is an economical heating solution for your home. There are many applications available – porches, bathrooms, kitchens, foyers, basements and garages. It is safe, quiet and offers great comfort control.Rebate
A Plenum Heater is a simple inexpensive way to add electric heat to your forced-air heating system. The unit fits in the duct work above the gas or oil furnace and comes in a variety of sizes to fit most applications. It contains electric coils and when the thermostat calls for heat, the coils activate.Rebate
Easily add heat to your garage or pole barn with an electric garage heater. It can be mounted from the ceiling or wall bracket. It’s compact and offers great comfort control.
- Make/Model: King KBP2406
- Our traditional sales price is $295 + tax (excludes any possible discounts, price subject to change at any time without notice)
- Heater is 5700 Watts, and 19,800 BTU
Installed along the floor or “baseboard” area of a room, this type of heater is an excellent option for existing homes due to the flexibility and ease of installation. The key to baseboard heaters is airflow. Anything blocking the air flow into and out of the unit will decrease the energy efficiency.Rebate
This type of heater (looking similar to a baseboard heater) is available in a convenient wall mount near your ceiling. This is a great option for individual room control.Rebate
A fan-forced heater is capable of blowing warm air throughout a room. This recessed heating unit typically is installed on a wall or ceiling.Rebate
An Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) offers you the best of both worlds. It can efficiently meet your home’s heating needs down to about 15 degrees above zero, saving you money on the cost of running your gas furnace. This same unit also cools your home in the summer. Because they are 200-400% efficient, you can save up to 50% on heating costs with a heat pump. Heat pumps and air conditioners must be central systems to operate on Energy Wise programs and qualify for MVEC rebates.
- Your QI-certified HVAC contractor is required to submit the residential Air Source Heat Pump Quality Installation rebate form.
- Contractors can find the form here.
This ductless alternative is installed near the ceiling of your room. There are rebates for Energy Star models.
A Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP) relies on the relative warmth of the earth for its heating and cooling production. A GSHP does not create heat; it simply moves it from one area to another. Since this product uses free heat from the ground, annual operating expenses can be 35 – 70% lower than most other heating systems available.Ground Source Heat Pump Rebate
To help with your heating bill, also consider:
- Budget Billing – pay a set amount each month. This is great for budgeting your monthly utility costs to have a consistent payment amount each month of the year.
- SmartHub – is not just a bill payment app – you can also view your energy usage daily, monthly or weekly to avoid surprises before your bill arrives and have the ability to make usage adjustments, if you wish.
- Heating Sales Tax Exemption – gives Minnesota residents a break from sales tax on electric heating costs, if at least 50% of your heating comes from electricity.
- WiFi Thermostat program – allows you to set and forget the temperature settings in your home with programmable WiFi thermostat. Set it low overnight or when you’re at work and set it to automatically raise in time for waking up or coming home.
For more information, contact an energy specialist
952.492.2313 or 800.282.6832 or email [email protected]