Free Energy Wise AC10 Program Requirements & Details
- Receive a 10% discount for all energy usage on the main meter from June-September.
- MVEC installs an energy management switch (free of charge) on your home near your central air conditioner.
- During peak electricity usage, the switch cycles (controls) your central air conditioner on and off. The furnace fan continues to circulate cool air in your home.
- By having your air conditioner cycled this helps to control energy demand and saves the cooperative on wholesale power costs.
- Your monthly savings will appear on your electric bill each month under “Energy Wise Savings this Month.”
- Participation in this program automatically carries forward every year.
- To participate you must have a residential service with MVEC. Window or through-the-wall air conditioners (plug in units) are not eligible unless they are hard wired into the home’s electric service panel.
- Members that are renters must have the home owner’s written permission to join.
- Members with small businesses or more than one central air conditioner will receive a $10/month bill credit on statements dated during the months of June – September of every year. You must use a minimum of 200 kWh each month to qualify for the bill credit.
- Members must participate for a minimum of one year.
Sign up for Energy Wise AC10 Program
*Field is required. Use N/A for all fields not applicable or unknown.