District I Directors
representing portions of Prior Lake, Savage, Burnsville, Credit River and Elko-New Market
Credit River Township
District II Directors
representing portions of Carver, Hennepin, Sibley and Scott counties
Board Vice President
District III Directors
representing portions of Scott, LeSueur, Rice, Blue Earth and Waseca counties
Search to Find Your District
The monthly meeting of MVEC’s Board of Directors was called to order at 8:30 a.m. November 25, 2019. Highlights include:
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges reported on strategic planning, legislative items, and cyber security.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported healthy October margins. KWh sales were down, but revenue per MWh was favorable.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided an update on the latest FERC proceedings and information on campaign financial reporting.
Members with questions or comments may contact MVEC’s Chief Executive Officer, Ryan Hentges, at 952.492.8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CEO Ryan Hentges provided an update on wholesale power supply, rates, capacity contracts, ownership transfer and customer satisfaction scores.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported September financials finished with a positive margin. KWH sales were down and revenue per MWH slightly above budget.
- Energy Sales and Product Development Representative Michael Hinde presented information about MVEC’s water heater program.
- Operations Manager Mike Dietz and Intern Katelyn Barclay presented information on Vegetation Management.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided updates on various past items, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) proceedings and Public Utilities Commission (PUC) regulations.
- CEO Ryan Hentges reported on data and membership requests, ORU board candidates and bylaws, and various future considerations.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck provided August financial statements and margin stabilization recommendations.
- Distribution Planning Engineer Sarah Peterson reviewed the 2020-2021 Construction Work Plan.
- Director of Human Resources Brandi Adelmann discussed health care benefit renewals.
- Attorney Paul Johnson reviewed subjects involving substations, right of way and energy contracts.
- CEO Ryan Hentges provided an update on partnerships, strategic planning, safety, staffing and contracts.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck provided July financial statements, a margin stabilization update and reviewed the Cooperative’s KRTA ratios.
- Key Accounts Executive Joe Green was available for questions referencing Distribution Line Policy and the Revolving Loan Fund.
- Attorney Paul Johnson discussed changes in board policy, substation improvement processes and concerns regarding right of way resolutions.
- CEO Ryan Hentges made a report covering MVEC activities, including statewide policy developments, contractor performance, and the cooperative’s electric vehicle.
- Gerry Mareck, VP Finance, reported KWH sales were down due to a cooler than normal month of June. The cooperative’s margin variance remains favorable to budget.
- Key Account Executive Joe Green provided background information regarding cities requiring electric utilities to relocate/convert overhead distribution lines to underground and the financial impact to MVEC.
- Key Account Executive Joe Green discussed the Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) and options for using the funds.
- MVEC’s 2019 Youth Tour Representative Natalie Thoms shared a presentation of her experience in Washington, D.C.
- CFC Candidate Jenny Scharmer shared with the board her interest in serving as our representative on the CFC Board for District 6.
- CEO Ryan Hentges presented information about an upcoming Berlin Seminar, Karian-Peterson, and state-wide cooperative communications and advocacy.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck presented the cooperative’s month to date and yearly financials, which are positive to budget. Mareck provided rate comparisons for MVEC, investor-owned utilities and municipals.
- Energy Sales and Product Development Representative Michael Hinde reviewed information regarding the newly-acquired MVEC electric vehicle and the associated programs.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided the Board an update on two legal matters and MVEC’s wholesale power supply contract framework.
- The Board heard from CFC Candidate Anthony Larson from Slope Electric regarding his candidacy for the CFC Board.
- The Board reviewed and discussed Board Policies 12 and 14.
Annual Report & Bylaws