District I Directors
representing portions of Prior Lake, Savage, Burnsville, Credit River and Elko-New Market
Credit River Township
District II Directors
representing portions of Carver, Hennepin, Sibley and Scott counties
Board Vice President
District III Directors
representing portions of Scott, LeSueur, Rice, Blue Earth and Waseca counties
Search to Find Your District
The monthly meeting of MVEC’s Board of Directors was called to order at 8:30 a.m. Monday, July 29, 2019. Highlights include the following:
- CEO Ryan Hentges made a report covering MVEC activities, including statewide policy developments, contractor performance, and the cooperative’s electric vehicle.
- Gerry Mareck, VP Finance, reported KWH sales were down due to a cooler than normal month of June. The cooperative’s margin variance remains favorable to budget.
- Key Account Executive Joe Green provided background information regarding cities requiring electric utilities to relocate/convert overhead distribution lines to underground and the financial impact to MVEC.
- Key Account Executive Joe Green discussed the Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) and options for using the funds.
- MVEC’s 2019 Youth Tour Representative Natalie Thoms shared a presentation of her experience in Washington, D.C.
- CFC Candidate Jenny Scharmer shared with the board her interest in serving as our representative on the CFC Board for District 6.
Members with questions or comments may contact MVEC’s CEO Ryan Hentges at 952.492.8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CEO Ryan Hentges presented information about an upcoming Berlin Seminar, Karian-Peterson, and state-wide cooperative communications and advocacy.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck presented the cooperative’s month to date and yearly financials, which are positive to budget. Mareck provided rate comparisons for MVEC, investor-owned utilities and municipals.
- Energy Sales and Product Development Representative Michael Hinde reviewed information regarding the newly-acquired MVEC electric vehicle and the associated programs.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided the Board an update on two legal matters and MVEC’s wholesale power supply contract framework.
- The Board heard from CFC Candidate Anthony Larson from Slope Electric regarding his candidacy for the CFC Board.
- The Board reviewed and discussed Board Policies 12 and 14.
Annual Report & Bylaws