District I Directors
representing portions of Prior Lake, Savage, Burnsville, Credit River and Elko-New Market
Credit River Township
District II Directors
representing portions of Carver, Hennepin, Sibley and Scott counties
District III Directors
representing portions of Scott, LeSueur, Rice, Blue Earth and Waseca counties
Board Vice President
Search to Find Your District
The monthly meeting of MVEC’s Board of Directors was called to order via conference call on June 29, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. Highlights include:
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges provided an update on COVID-19 impacts, return to work phasing, recruitment, wholesale power and options for holding the MVEC annual meeting.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported year-to-date margins are favorable to budget by $1.6 million.
- Director of HR Brandi Adelmann discussed MVEC’s return to work plan.
- Attorney Paul Johnson updated board members on legal protections during COVID-19.
Members with questions or comments may contact MVEC’s Chief Executive Officer, Ryan Hentges, at 952.492.8202 or email@example.com
Meeting began at 8:00 a.m. via teleconference. Highlights include:
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges provided an overview of operations within the co-op as the COVID-19 period continues and on key focus areas to be addressed.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported April results reflect a small margin and therefore favorable to budget.
- VP of Member Services Terri Bakken provided an update on enhancements to member service procedures.
- VP Energy Services Marvin Denzer presented an overview of the 2020 Construction Work Plan and tree trimming.
- Energy Sales and Product Development Specialist Michael Hinde provided an update to MVEC’s Electric Vehicle Program and metrics and industry trends.
- Safety Director Chad Briese reported on safety-related activities.
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges updated board members on the pandemic response.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported solid financials for the month of March and favorable margins for Quarter 1.
- Key Account Executive Joe Green provided information on franchise ordinances for the cities of Burnsville and Chanhassen.
- IT Supervisor Jeff Hanson reviewed MVEC’s data storage and protection plans.
- Attorney Paul Johnson presented updates for two board policies.
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges presented a report covering the co-op’s response to COVID-19 and the changing of the May Board Meeting date to May 28, 2020.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck updated the Board on February revenues/expenses and the annual audit results.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided information on COVID-19 impacts and energy mandates on the horizon.
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges presented a report covering items discussed at the Basin Manager Meeting, MREA bylaw changes, legislative updates and franchise fees.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported the gross margin variance started the year favorable with January margins slightly ahead of prior years.
- VP Energy Services Marvin Denzer provided a recap of the Touchstone Energy NET Conference.
- Attorney Paul Johnson reported on district lines.
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges reviewed information on MVEC’s strategy plan, electric vehicles and DOT policy.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck presented December financials and YTD information. He also provided the 2020 Schedule of Charges, 2019 Bad Debt overview and Capital Credit retirement policy.
- IT Supervisor Jeff Hanson reviewed security structure, identity theft prevention programs, red flag compliance, business continuity planning, operational security and the focus for 2020.
- Attorney Paul Johnson reported on pending eminent domain actions, MVEC’s property tax court challenge and transmission service contracts.
Meeting began at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 30, 2019. Highlights include:
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges covered wholesale power supply transmission rates, and strategic plans and measures for 2020.
- The Board of Directors approved the 2020-2022 budget.
- The Board of Directors approved the 2020 Union Contract.
- Attorney Paul Johnson covered information on a variety of topics including MVEC intervention in FERC proceedings.
- Chief Executive Officer Ryan Hentges reported on strategic planning, legislative items, and cyber security.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported healthy October margins. KWh sales were down, but revenue per MWh was favorable.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided an update on the latest FERC proceedings and information on campaign financial reporting.
- CEO Ryan Hentges provided an update on wholesale power supply, rates, capacity contracts, ownership transfer and customer satisfaction scores.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck reported September financials finished with a positive margin. KWH sales were down and revenue per MWH slightly above budget.
- Energy Sales and Product Development Representative Michael Hinde presented information about MVEC’s water heater program.
- Operations Manager Mike Dietz and Intern Katelyn Barclay presented information on Vegetation Management.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided updates on various past items, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) proceedings and Public Utilities Commission (PUC) regulations.
- CEO Ryan Hentges reported on data and membership requests, ORU board candidates and bylaws, and various future considerations.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck provided August financial statements and margin stabilization recommendations.
- Distribution Planning Engineer Sarah Peterson reviewed the 2020-2021 Construction Work Plan.
- Director of Human Resources Brandi Adelmann discussed health care benefit renewals.
- Attorney Paul Johnson reviewed subjects involving substations, right of way and energy contracts.
- CEO Ryan Hentges provided an update on partnerships, strategic planning, safety, staffing and contracts.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck provided July financial statements, a margin stabilization update and reviewed the Cooperative’s KRTA ratios.
- Key Accounts Executive Joe Green was available for questions referencing Distribution Line Policy and the Revolving Loan Fund.
- Attorney Paul Johnson discussed changes in board policy, substation improvement processes and concerns regarding right of way resolutions.
- CEO Ryan Hentges made a report covering MVEC activities, including statewide policy developments, contractor performance, and the cooperative’s electric vehicle.
- Gerry Mareck, VP Finance, reported KWH sales were down due to a cooler than normal month of June. The cooperative’s margin variance remains favorable to budget.
- Key Account Executive Joe Green provided background information regarding cities requiring electric utilities to relocate/convert overhead distribution lines to underground and the financial impact to MVEC.
- Key Account Executive Joe Green discussed the Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) and options for using the funds.
- MVEC’s 2019 Youth Tour Representative Natalie Thoms shared a presentation of her experience in Washington, D.C.
- CFC Candidate Jenny Scharmer shared with the board her interest in serving as our representative on the CFC Board for District 6.
- CEO Ryan Hentges presented information about an upcoming Berlin Seminar, Karian-Peterson, and state-wide cooperative communications and advocacy.
- VP Finance Gerry Mareck presented the cooperative’s month to date and yearly financials, which are positive to budget. Mareck provided rate comparisons for MVEC, investor-owned utilities and municipals.
- Energy Sales and Product Development Representative Michael Hinde reviewed information regarding the newly-acquired MVEC electric vehicle and the associated programs.
- Attorney Paul Johnson provided the Board an update on two legal matters and MVEC’s wholesale power supply contract framework.
- The Board heard from CFC Candidate Anthony Larson from Slope Electric regarding his candidacy for the CFC Board.
- The Board reviewed and discussed Board Policies 12 and 14.
Annual Report & Bylaws