Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative (MVEC), a progressive south metro member-owned utility with 80 employees, is seeking a
Monitors and advises Management on billing related issues and processes electronic bill calculations of all electric accounts which includes understanding and ensuring accuracy of rate structures, as well as assisting other departments with accurate interpretation and timely processing of member billings to ensure overall integrity of the Cooperative by following PUC, RUS and GAAP guidelines. Monitors transmission of billing-related computer files to vendors so that mailing and payments are done in a timely matter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and ensure integrity of system and process electronic bill calculations of all electric accounts by understanding and ensuring the accuracy of the rates in the rate schedule, and follow PUC, RUS, and GAAP guidelines.
- Process and maintain reconciling items for all electric accounts with in company standards.
- Provides customer service to all other departments to correct billing issues and to facilitate the flow of timely information for accurate bill calculations on more complex cases and ensure resolution of various customer service issues.
- Train associates on billing transactions and system upgrades; to ensure accuracy of member charges.
- Recommends improved ways to solve recurring problems
- Assists Billing Supervisor, Member Services Supervisor, and VP of Finance in communicating and implementing billing enhancements, policy rate changes, general ledger accounts and billing system controls for purposes of ensuring billing accuracy.
- Prepares daily and monthly spreadsheets for tracking of all activities on electric accounts for accuracy of the billing system.
- Performs miscellaneous file transmission and updates of billing-related computer files to ensure timely and accurate members account balances.
- Prepares schedule of reading, billing, payment and disconnect dates per guidelines in policy for Meter Reading, Billing and Collections.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Two-year Accounting degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Accounting and/or Billing is preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience in accounting or billing is required.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills. Perform multiple tasks effectively and be capable of making timely, independent decisions
- Strong organization skills with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; experience with accounting software packages.
- Discretion in handling confidential information and the ability to keep privileged information confidential.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate mathematical aptitude to calculate customer billings and adjustments accurately. Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), the Uniform System of Accounts (RUS) and Public Utilities Commission (PUC).
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated success working under pressure to meet customer requests and accounting/reporting deadlines
Applicant must be committed to providing service beyond members’ expectations and follow through on commitments. Send resume to Human Resources by May 10, 2016.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative
Attn: Human Resources
125 Minnesota Valley Electric Drive
Jordan, MN 55352