Manage all aspects of your MVEC account on your computer, smartphone, or tablet with SmartHub.
- sign up for a bill pay program and make payments
- check your daily, monthly, yearly electric usage
- report an issue or make an inquiry
- receive email or text alerts
- report a power outage
SmartHub is easy to navigate. It’s simple and quick to make a payment or view your hourly meter data. You can compare bills and find out what day of the week or hour of the day you typically use the most electricity.
You can also choose to receive an email or text alert when a payment is due or another account activity occurs, so you know before your bill arrives that you’re using more power than usual.
SmartHub’s data will help answer questions such as:
- How much more electricity do I use when it’s 90 degrees?
- What day of the week do I use the most electricity?
- What hour of the day do I tend to use the most electricity?
Using this information and changing habits can have a positive impact on lowering your electric bill. Monitor your usage via SmartHub and see what happens when you:
- Set your thermostat up or down 4 degrees.
- Switch your water heater temperature to “low.”
- Turn all your electrical appliances off for an hour. View your usage data the next day to make sure everything was turned off and there was no usage. This will show you the impact of all the TVs, lights, chargers, fish tanks, games and so on that are left on and constantly drawing electricity.
Download a free app for your device
The app allows you to make a payment or view your usage while on the go. Pay as you Go participants can even see their average daily bill.