How it works:
- MVEC installs an energy management switch free of charge. The water heater is controlled only during peak electricity usage times through this switch.
- Members must use a 200 kWh minimum each month to qualify for this program.
- Once MVEC receives your signup form, we will contact you to set up an appointment to install the energy management switch. This procedure takes about 1½ hours. MVEC will need access to the water heater in your home.
- Renters must have the homeowner’s written permission to join.
- Members must participate for a minimum of one year, and participation carries forward every year.
Participation in the Energy Wise water heating program works best if you have the correct size water heater for your home and family size. Confirm your agreement with the Water Heater Sizing Policy.